This is the beginning of the editor page. More details will come, but here are some basics.
- Download the files from the download page including both Doom Builder and the A&A Assets
- Unzip the A&A Files and unzip to a temporary folder
- Copy the files in the folder on top of where Doom Builder was installed. Don't worry, we're only adding files.
- Start making maps. But see below for more details
Basic Steps to Editing a Map
- Rename .map to .wad
- Open Doom Builder 2
- Load map chosen map (See using the template below)
- Select Amulets and Armor config file from drop down list.
- Add resource button.
- Choose add folder tab.
- Navigate to included "A&A Assets" folder and confirm.
- Edit away.
A simple template map has been provided in the folder "TemplateMap"
Copy the folder into your A&A directory. Edit the L999.map file. Run the game. You'll now see a quest called Test Map 999 appear as a new quest after Destruction. You should be able to run the quest.
When you have the map to how you like, make edits to the QUEST7.INI in the MAPDESC directory and change the number of your map.
New map IDs are given freely if you register them on the Community Maps page. Just edit the page with your new number and a comment about what you are working on. Numbers should be 1-8000 for now.
And, as always, if you have a question, feel free to contact the community or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutorials And Details
Lighting - Learn how the A&A Lighting system works